More and more people have been making the switch from incandescent light bulbs to LED lighting, and not just for traditional lamps. LED has become a go-to technology for people who care about energy efficiency, as well as the versatility of their lighting.
Here are just a few of the primary reasons why it’s so beneficial for you to make electrical conversions to LED in Forsyth County, GA whenever you have the opportunity:
- Energy efficiency: This is the big benefit we’ve already mentioned, so we’ll focus on it right away. In general, LED lights use approximately 50 percent less electricity than incandescent, halogen and fluorescent options. This results in massive energy savings over long periods of time, especially if you will be leaving the lights on for an extended period. LEDs also direct the light in a specific direction, with that directional capacity cutting down on wasted light.
- Durability: LEDs do not have glass enclosures or filaments, which means they’re highly resistant to breakage and are not affected by many of the types of impacts that could damage other bulbs. The lights are mounted on a circuit board and connected with soldering. While they’re not completely invulnerable, they are at least as strong as most mobile phones and electronic devices.
- Lifespan: One of the biggest draws to LEDs is that they will last a long time. Even when they start to go bad, they don’t burn out, they just start to dim. You can expect a high-quality LED light to provide 30,000 to 50,000 hours of lighting, or even more. Compare this to an incandescent bulb, which only lasts about 1,000 hours on average, or a compact fluorescent bulb, which will get you 8,000 to 10,000 hours on average. Over time, this means greater savings due to the reduced need to purchase replacements.
- Immediate brightness: Many types of high-intensity discharge and fluorescent bulbs do not immediately offer full brightness when they turn on, requiring several minutes to get “warmed up,” so to speak. LEDs, however, turn on at their full brightness capacity, which is highly advantageous when it’s dark or after you’ve had an outage.
- No UV or IR emissions: LEDs emit essentially no infrared or ultraviolet rays, which makes them both safer and more efficient. Other types of bulbs, especially incandescent bulbs, can create excessive heat or potential radiation, creating burn hazards to people or materials in the area.
- Greater control: LEDs are compatible with controls. It’s much easier to select their brightness level, and with certain types of LEDs, you can also completely control color and other options. For more decorative LED options, you have a great deal of versatility with a single strand or fixture.
These are just a few examples of some of the most notable benefits of switching to LED light installation in Forsyth County, GA. For more tips and information about why LED lighting is preferable to incandescent or fluorescent bulbs, contact an electrician at Duke Electric Co. with any questions. We look forward to assisting you.
Categorised in: LED Lighting
This post was written by Writer