A whole-home electrical inspection is one of the best ways to ensure your electrical safety in Forsyth County, GA. During an inspection, your electrician will identify and correct any safety or fire hazards caused by improper wiring or old electrical work.
Although inspections are critical for your safety, we find that many homeowners don’t know when they need to get one. We’re here to set the record straight. Continue reading to learn the milestones and signs that it’s time to get an inspection:
- Before you buy a new home: There are a lot of things to do before purchasing and moving into a new home. Make sure one of the items on your list is getting an electrical inspection! An electrical test will ensure everything is up to code and 100 percent safe to use. The only exception to this rule is if you’re moving into a newly-built home.
- If your home is old: Inspections aren’t just for those who are moving—they’re also good to have if you currently live in an older home. Houses that are over 25 years old could use a basic inspection every year or so. Your electrician may find unsafe or deteriorating wiring or electrical components that need to be replaced for safety reasons.
- After DIY work: Any DIY-ers should call for an electrical inspection if their repairs or upgrades involved tinkering with any electrical components. The electrical inspection in Forsyth County, GA will determine if any adjustments were made that could pose a fire or safety hazard.
Signs that it’s time for an emergency inspection
You don’t always have to wait for one of these milestones to get an electrical inspection in Forsyth County, GA. These are a few indicators that you need to call an electrician for an inspection right away:
- Flickering lights: A flickering lightbulb could just be an indicator that the bulb needs to be replaced. However, multiple flickering bulbs in the same room could indicate an issue with the circuit. Your electrician can inspect the circuit to see if it needs to be replaced or repaired.
- Strange smells: Any burning smells near an outlet or fuse box should be addressed as soon as possible. Stop using the power as soon as you notice a burning smell and call an electrician to perform a full inspection.
- Weird noises: A humming or buzzing noise coming from sockets or appliances isn’t normal. Any strange noises could indicate loose connections, faulty wiring or a defective appliance. Only your electrician can find the source of the problem and correct it.
- Hot switches or sockets: Switches and sockets may get warm while they’re in use, but they should never get hot. Hot switches, particularly ones that aren’t in use, need to be inspected and repaired by an electrician. There’s most likely a wiring issue that needs to be corrected.
Schedule an electrical inspection today!
Make getting an electrical inspection your 2021 new year’s resolution! An inspection only takes a few hours to complete and ensures complete electrical safety in Forsyth County, GA. Give us a call today to book an inspection or to learn more about all of our services.
Categorised in: Electrical Inspections
This post was written by Writer