Whether your home is powered by the municipal grid or you have your own source of alternative energy, you never know when your power might go out. Storms, natural disasters and issues with the grid can all cause an outage that might last hours or days. When that happens, you need to have a backup energy source on hand to handle your power needs until your electricity is back on again. Here are several reasons why you should consider investing in a home generator:
- Immediate backup power: Generators are designed to kick on automatically in the event of an outage so you don’t have to wait around for a licensed electrician in Forsyth County, GA to restore your power. This is great news if you have appliances, like refrigerators and freezers, that need to run at all times to ensure consistent performance.
- Improved home value: In many cases, backup generators can boost the value of your home and increase the amount you’re able to get if and when you decide to sell your home. Backup generators offer a significant amount of convenience and value for prospective homeowners, and they can improve the appeal of your home to buyers.
- Comfort during outages: Outages often occur during the stormiest times of the year, when temperatures are extreme. A backup generator can keep your HVAC systems running for the duration of a power outage so that you can keep the temperature in your home consistent and comfortable. You can also continue to enjoy your electronic devices and entertainment systems during your outage. Instead of waiting around in the dark for the power to come back on, you can continue with your daily activities and chores as you usually would.
- Surge prevention: Oftentimes, when power is restored after an outage, there is a sudden surge of power that can overload appliances and devices and cause permanent damage to electrical systems and fixtures. A backup generator consistently delivers power until your primary source of electricity is reliably up and running again. A licensed electrician in Forsyth County, GA can provide you with additional advice and services to help you prevent electrical surges.
- Increased safety: For some people, even a couple of hours without power can cause major safety risks. People who rely on electronic medical devices or safety lighting in their homes need a backup power source that keeps all of their essential systems running for the duration of an outage. In many cases, a backup generator can actually prevent medical emergencies and injuries to homeowners. With a backup generator in place, you don’t have to worry about your essential devices and systems being out of commission for hours or even days.
Contact a licensed electrician in Forsyth County, GA
If you want to find out more about the benefits of installing a whole home generator, reach out to Duke Electric Co. today. Since 1964, we have been proud to provide commercial and residential electrical services to our customers. We are a locally owned and operated company that’s dedicated to delivering high quality services to every customer we serve. Regardless of what your specific needs may be, we would love to assist you. Reach out to us today to find out more about what we can do for you.
Categorised in: Licensed Electrician
This post was written by Writer