If you plan to use your swimming pool at all after sunset, you’re going to need lighting for safety purposes. After all, who wants to swim in a pitch black pool? We highly recommend using LED pool lighting to brighten up your pool area and add a fun atmosphere to it.
LED pool lighting is generally superior to incandescent lighting, and not just because it’s more efficient. It also provides you with greater control over your aesthetics.
With this in mind, here are just a few reasons why you should talk to an electrician in Forsyth County, GA about installing LED lighting for your pool:
- Brighter lighting: The brightness of a light bulb is measured using a unit called a lumen. A standard 100-watt light bulb will typically create between 1,400 and 1,750 lumens, but a smaller, dimmer 40-watt bulb will only produce about 450 lumens. With LED bulbs, it takes much less wattage to create even brighter lighting. A 14-20 watt LED bulb can produce as much light as a 100-watt incandescent bulb. Some LED bulbs provide more than 5,000 lumens, all while saving you significant amounts of energy.
- Less heat: Because LED lights use lower wattage and less energy, there’s less heat generated by the bulbs. This is important, because that heat could potentially become dangerous if left unchecked. The reduced heat given off by the bulb also means it will last longer than an incandescent bulb, which means you won’t have to regularly engage in maintenance.
- Add color: Incandescent lighting is certainly practical in many applications, but it’s not exactly attractive. You can add a lot of aesthetic value to your pool and the surrounding pool area by using LED lights, which you can get in a variety of colors. Some lights come with aps that allow you to use your smart devices to customize your color scheme, changing the color of the lighting in your pool with just a few finger strokes. You can also use simple snap-on light filters that allow you to create cool pool effects. So, if you’re having a 4th of July party, you can make some red, white and blue. If you’ve got the pool open for Christmas, use red and green.
- Durability: LED lights are significantly more durable than incandescent lighting, able to withstand long-term use. This is good, because the bulbs themselves will also last much longer without burning out. Many LED lights will have a useful life of anywhere from 15 to 20 years!
- Lower utility bills: Because your LED lights take up significantly less energy than incandescent bulbs, you’ll be able to save some money on your utility bills. Sure, the bulbs cost more, but the savings will let you make that money back fairly quickly.
For more information about the benefits of using LED bulbs for your pool lighting, reach out to Duke Electric Co. and speak with an electrician in Forsyth County, GA. We will be happy to answer your lighting questions!
Categorised in: Electrician
This post was written by Writer