Five Good Reasons to Hire a Licensed Electrician in Forsyth County, GA to Install Your LED Pool LightsJuly 6, 2018 4:01 pm Leave your thoughts
Pool season is here, and while you and your family probably enjoy using the backyard swimming pool during the daylight hours, it would be nice to take a dip on warm summer evenings as well. So, what’s stopping you? If your answer is “because it’s too dark,” then it’s time to talk to a residential electrician! Swimming pool lighting is one of those things you shouldn’t try to tackle yourself. Sure, there are plenty of quality LED light fixtures you can buy online or in a big box store, and lots of installation tutorials on the internet, but it takes skill and knowledge to do this kind of project properly.
Don’t DIY your LED pool lighting project. If you don’t believe us, read on for five good reasons to hire a licensed electrician in Forsyth County, GA to install your LED pool lights:
- Water and electricity is a bad combo: It can be scary attempting to change a wall switch in your house. You could get mildly shocked or seriously zapped. Now, add the presence of water to the mix. By installing pool lights yourself, you put yourself in an extremely dangerous situation. Water and electricity can lead to shock and electrocution. Because of this safety concern, leave all electrical aspects of your in-ground swimming pool to professionals who are trained for pool light installation.
- They have electrical experience: You probably don’t have much hands-on electrical experience. The best electricians have gone through rigorous training and schooling to do what they do, and regularly seek out continuing education to ensure they are up to date with the industry standards. Their experience will ensure the job is done right and that there are no safety risks to pool users after installation.
- Fast and proper installation: It’s likely you want to install swimming pool lights in the summer to use right away. To make sure you get to enjoy your pool for most of the season, hire a licensed electrician in Forsyth County, GA to install your pool lights quickly and correctly.
- They know the safety codes: People who work in the electrical field are well versed in the National Electrical Code (NEC) requirements. They have extensive knowledge of the NEC, which they extend to each and every job they do. But what exactly are these codes? The NEC is in place for safety. Not knowing these codes can put you and your loved ones at risk, especially when installing electricity in a swimming pool.
- Costly mistakes can be avoided: The easiest way to avoid making expensive mistakes is leaving electrical work to electricians. Think about it—if you make a mistake, it will mean forking over more money to fix the problem you made. Additionally, you might need to buy new tools to do the job. Mistakes made with electricity could cost you more than new wiring or bulbs—it could cause bodily harm or death to you or the people you care about.
Let a licensed electrician in Forsyth County, GA help! Contact the team at Duke Electric Co. today for more information about swimming pool light installation.
Categorised in: Licensed Electrician
This post was written by Writer