Homeowners across the nation are gearing up for winter by adding insulation, getting their furnace inspected and repaired and ensuring their pipes are ready to handle the cold temperatures. Unfortunately, many people don’t seem to realize that their electrical systems need to be winterized, too. Keep reading to learn what residential electricians in Forsyth County, GA can do for you and your home this winter:
- General maintenance and inspection: The easiest way to get your home and electrical system ready for winter is to pick up the phone and give Duke Electric Co. a call! We’ll send one of our professional electricians out to your home to inspect your wiring and tune up anything that looks like it could malfunction in the winter. You can rest well at night knowing that your electrical system will make it through the winter once we’re done inspecting your home.
- Update your electrical system: Upon inspection, we sometimes find that our customers’ electrical systems are out of date and not up to code. This is especially common with older structures with original wiring. Old wiring is a fire hazard and needs to be replaced with safe wiring as soon as possible. Let one of our pros handle your upgrades, so you don’t have to worry about a fire breaking out this winter.
- Winterize your exterior lighting: Exterior lighting is built to withstand the elements, but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t need a little TLC before Jack Frost starts nipping at your nose. Bugs and other pests like to make their nests in your light fixtures during the winter. Wipe those down and clean them out, so you don’t end up playing host to a family of pests. Winter is also a good time to replace all of your exterior bulbs.
- Install a generator: Power outages are common in the winter months, especially during ice and snowstorms. These outages aren’t just inconvenient—they can also be deadly if you’re not prepared to be without power for a while. Thankfully, there’s an easy way to prevent an outage from drastically affecting your life. Give us a call to install a backup generator at your home. Depending on the size you choose, a generator will provide adequate electricity to keep you warm, cook, charge your phone and stay up to the minute on the latest weather announcements. It’s a quick installation that could save your life in an emergency.
- Prepare for the worst: You need to be prepared for the worst to happen this winter. Buy extra blankets to keep warm, stock up on non-perishable food and water and always have plenty of flashlights on hand. It can take a while for your power to come back on during a winter storm—make sure you and your family are ready to ride out the worst of it!
If you’re a do-it-yourselfer, you may consider performing all of these steps on your own. However, that’s not always the best idea. Electrical work can be incredibly dangerous, and usually necessitates the help of residential electricians in Forsyth County, GA. Be sure to call the professionals at Duke Electric Co. to ensure your home makes it through this brutal winter!
Categorised in: Residental Electricians
This post was written by Writer