The New Year is a great time to start off on fresh footing and make good decisions about how to improve your life over the next 12 months. Many people also take this opportunity to make resolutions for betterment that go beyond themselves. For example, they could include accomplishing home projects or finally getting around to doing something you’ve been putting off.
If you’ve got an older home, a simple New Year’s resolution you can make is to pay better attention to your home electrical in Forsyth County, GA in the coming year. This is a great resolution because it requires very little active effort on your part, but it can have profound benefits on your day-to-day life.
What does taking care of your home’s electrical mean? Check out a few tips for what you can do in the coming year and what the benefits of these tasks are:
- Have your fuse box and breakers inspected at the beginning of the year. Not only will this set the tone for quality, safe electrical in 2018, it’ll alert you to any problems that may have developed with your circuits after heavy electrical usage over the holidays.
- Have GFCI outlets installed and/or tested in all areas of your home where there’s water present. This includes the bathroom, kitchen, basement and garage. This upgrade will cost you virtually nothing and will give you great peace of mind all year long.
- Test all of your outlets for proper polarity and a working circuit. Circuit testers are available at most hardware stores for just a few dollars, or you can hire any electrician to do this job in about 30 minutes. Then, have any faulty outlets repaired.
- If there are any areas of your home where you’re relying on an extension cord or power strip each and every day, consider having new outlets installed. These items should only be for temporary use and shouldn’t be an everyday solution!
- Make sure all of your major appliances and heavy-use outlets are on a high capacity circuit with an appropriate breaker. If they’re not, talk to an electrician about upgrading.
- Give your outdoor outlets and electrical installations some love! Calling an electrician to make sure they’re tested, working properly and safely functional is a great way to ready your home for summer. Be sure not to forget about the garage, either!
- Finally, consult with an electrician about any updates or changes to electrical codes in your area. Having your home updated to match current code will not only keep you safer, it’ll ensure your home is appropriately modernized when it comes time to sell in the future.
This upcoming year, pay some mind to your home’s electrical system by way of the above tips. You don’t have to put in a whole lot of effort to get great returns and peace of mind. Winter and the New Year are the perfect time to get a jump on your home electrical in Forsyth County, GA!
Categorised in: Home Electrical
This post was written by Writer